[LMB] Calendars

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 29 17:10:30 GMT 2020

"Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
>>  Lacking instantaneous communications, which the Nexus clearly does
>> not have, what is the pressing need for clocks (or even calendars) other
>> than the local one?
> WE have (essentially) instantaneous communication. And I assume that a
> contract states an explicit time clearly marked as local time or
> possibly Zulu.

I think that that was intended to mean: lacking instantaneous
communications with anyone who isn't on the same planetary rotation
cycle, there's little need for most people to pay any attention to
anyone's clock and calendar but their own.  I've seen hotels near
airports that had multiple clocks near the reception desk, showing
times in other time zones, so I can imagine something similar for
establishments that did a lot of business with off-planet visitors.

Joel