[LMB] Calendars

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Feb 29 22:52:17 GMT 2020

> On Feb 29, 2020, at 10:36 AM, Baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>
> on a planetary surface sidereal time does not make much sense  (until you need to look at the stars a lot and then it makes a lot of sense..)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_time#Comparison_to_solar_time <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_time#Comparison_to_solar_time>

Navigators have to look at the stars or used to. However being totally dependent on satellite navigation is mad. You really need someone
who can read the sun and stars. It about the same as not carrying a map for an unfamiliar journey.

—
It is wrong, always, everywhere, and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” —W. K. Clifford (1845–1879), “The Ethics” My take is belief should be proportional to the evidence.