[LMB] Thoughts about Tau Verde

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sun Nov 1 15:49:55 GMT 2020

It wouldn’t have to be a TOI. What if a system was mainly important as a way station for somewhere else?
If Beta Colony hadn’t been already colonized by ramships, would anyone have bothered? Barrayan and Komarr are better planets for colonies than Beta. One has an inedible ecology and the other is too cold and needs more light. There seems to be no way Beta can be terraformed.
I think of it this way, towns tend to be a day’s travel apart. If there’s no other reason for having a town there, it won’t grow.

William A Wenrich