[LMB] OT: Afterlife

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:18:04 GMT 2020

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 01:43:46 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote:

>I disagree. Atheism says that it has answers to certain questions about the afterlife, the nature of truth, morality, justice, and many other things. It seeks converts. It, or groups that follow its beliefs, do things like file law suits. It doesn’t have a single organization but then neither does Christianity.

There are what are known as "hard" atheists, who actively assert that
there are no gods.  IMO, this is mistaken; it puts them in the position
of having a claim to defend, and it's notoriously difficult to prove a
negative.

But IME the vast majority of atheists merely say that we've seen no
convincing evidence of any gods, and those who claim they exist (any of
the 4,000 or so currently or previously worshipped) are the ones that
must provide evidence.

All we ask is that you treat your religion like your penis:

- don't wave it about in public;
- don't force it on those who don't want it (especially children);
- don't use it to write laws.
--
Humanity without religion is like a serial killer without a chainsaw.  -- unknown