[LMB] Programming, was: Re: OT: Afterlife

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:52:48 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 9:00 AM Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with women's fashions is that women keep buying them.

Ahaha.  Ahahahahahhahahah.

I went to a local store. I need something with pockets. Saleslady looks
around, and offers me a fake-pocket outfit.
2nd store. Nothing.
3rd store.  Nothing.
I need clothing.  I keep looking.

4th store.  Jeans with pockets.  I put a weird and exotic item in the
pocket, namely my phone, and it doesn't fit.  Buy it anyhow, becuase I need
clothing.
2nd garment: put the phone in the pocket, and it's positioned so that every
step smacks my leg. Don't buy it.

Next store. a skirt with side pockets that actually fit my phone. Buy 2 in
blue & two in black.  Find out that running to catch the bus with the
exotic and strange item, my heavy heavy phone, makes the skirt fall down.
Oops.

You know why women buy crap clothes? THERE ISN'T ANYTHING ELSE.

And don't even suggest that women ought to make their own clothes, unless
you've got a sewing machine and know how to use it.

Last time this topic came up on this list, someone "hlepfully" suggested
that women should just google clothes with pockets.  And the pockets that
come up are either fake pockets, too small for a credit card, or straight
out non existent.

My winter coat has lovely deep pockets that fit my whole hand, but my last
winter coat did NOT.   *frustrated*  How is that even a thing in a warm
coat? I couldn't even store my gloves in my pocket after taking the coat
off.

Sylvia