[LMB] OT: names

anmar Caver anmar.mirza at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:18:17 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 7:45 PM Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is was a volunteer for Hillary Clinton for President and we always used her
> first name. Even the yard signs just said Hillary. I suppose it could have
> been a way humanize her, make her one of the "guys".

Or it could have been a way, to you know, distinguish her from another US
president named Clinton. Her own press secretary emphasized that she'd be
using it for the campaign.

Not the first time this has happened in recent history. Dubya. Jr. Sr.

There exists a LOT of sexism and bigotry in the world, but that doesn't
mean everything is a result thereof. And this is in no way attempting to
diminish the very real aspect that sexism played in the role of the saga of
Senator Secretary Clinton's journey.

If you go looking for something hard enough, you will inevitably find it.
Meanwhile this can get in the way of making real progress.

--
Anmar Mirza EMT, N9ISY, NCRC National Coordinator, RBNC President