[LMB] Soletta Physics Demystified

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Nov 4 18:08:35 GMT 2020

On 11/4/20 9:12 AM, WalterStuartBushell wrote:
> Put the soletta at one of the Trojan points, I think the location was left purposely vague.

It isn't quite that simple because the soletta has to be huge if it is
to reflect a useful amount of light. For example, to double Komarr's
light it needs to have a radius equal to Komarr itself.

Which means that solar wind and photon pressure will have significant
effects on it. The Soletta cannot just orbit. It has to be actively
piloted as a light sail.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil