[LMB] OT: a specifically Canadian autumn problem

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Nov 4 21:37:09 GMT 2020

Up here in Ottawa, Canada, we've had a very bad start over the last 15
months for our new light rail system: malfunctioning doors, heaters,
tracks, control systems, everything that could go wrong did. Its only
saviour was strangely the pandemic, allowing the P3 contractor to work on
it with almost no one using it.

But today's problem was a bit different: everything stopped between two
stations because there was a deer on the line:

https://twitter.com/OC_Transpo/status/1323954542334148611
OC Transpo @OC_Transpo
O-Train Line 1: R1 replacement bus service is being implemented from
St-Laurent to Blair due to a deer on the tracks.  Regular service running
from Tunney’s Pasture to St-Laurent. Updates to follow.
6:45 AM · Nov 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/OC_Transpo/status/1323975041504215047
OC Transpo @OC_Transpo
  CLEAR: The deer was rescued from the tracks. Regular train service has
resumed. Last departures on the R1 from Blair and St-Laurent stations at
8:10.

We do get deer on suburban streets and highways right about now, but this
is the first time one got on the tracks. Glad to see it was rescued.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison