[LMB] Programming, was: Re: OT: Afterlife

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:43:12 GMT 2020

There was one scam that involved selling the mark a device that would
"print money."  You put a piece of the correct-sized paper in the top,
turned the crank, and out would pop a $20 (or some other fairly high
denomination) bill.  All would go swimmingly for our would-be
counterfeit-money king---his bills would be accepted without question.
Until the supply of real bills in the bottom of the machine went dry, and
nothing came out.  Meanwhile, the seller (who had charged much more than
the amount of money in the machine) had long since beat feet, and what was
the victim going to do?  Going crying to the cops "Waah!  I bought this
machine that the guy told me would print counterfeit money, and it's
false!" would get Mr. "Victim" a stay at the Graybar Hotel in his own right.