[LMB] Programming, was: Re: OT: Afterlife

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Thu Nov 5 20:04:34 GMT 2020

> On Nov 4, 2020, at 7:43 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There was one scam that involved selling the mark a device that would
> "print money."  You put a piece of the correct-sized paper in the top,
> turned the crank, and out would pop a $20 (or some other fairly high
> denomination) bill.  All would go swimmingly for our would-be
> counterfeit-money king---his bills would be accepted without question.
> Until the supply of real bills in the bottom of the machine went dry, and
> nothing came out.  Meanwhile, the seller (who had charged much more than
> the amount of money in the machine) had long since beat feet, and what was
> the victim going to do?  Going crying to the cops "Waah!  I bought this
> machine that the guy told me would print counterfeit money, and it's
> false!" would get Mr. “Victim" a stay at the Graybar Hotel in his own right.

The marks should have known that the paper was different. Paper money can
go through a washing machine without damage, normal paper not so much.
There would be many tells. Stupidity combined with cupidity is a bad combination.

If it worked it would have magic tech, but it, of course, used stage magic.
—
Alcatraz Condos Scenic Ocean Views, private island location,
 just 1.25 from San Francisco, California and bars in every room.