[LMB] Mr. Prof Lord Auditor Vorthy's suit and fashion wrote:

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sat Nov 7 00:05:13 GMT 2020

On Nov 6, 2020, at 6:43 PM, Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>> I wonder if there could be a technology that could help clothing not
>> distort with heavy stuff in the pockets.
>
> Short of "bag of holding"-style transdimensional tech?  All that I can
> think of would be for the clothing to be kind of an extra-large shell,
> with space inside it for all of the stuff in addition to the person.
> I suppose you wouldn't need to go that far if all you need is to handle
> small-but-heavy stuff without warping the shape; that could be done with
> proper structural support.

What would also work is for the pockets to be outside the clothing, and to be attached directly to a belt or shoulder straps or something that supports their weight, hanging from you rather than from your clothes.  Like the pocket belts A. Marina Fournier posted about recently, and, I see, several times in the past: http://www.blue-moon-designs.com.  Not that this solution would satisfy the fashion designers, I suppose.

Katherine