[LMB] OT: Conversation Therapy

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Nov 12 16:17:06 GMT 2020

Canadian author Alison Wearing wrote a fascinating memoir about her
father's coming out as gay in his 40s, in a small Ontario town in the
1970s. _Confessions of A Fairy's Daughter: Growing up With A Gay Dad_,
deals with some of the issues Louann mentions.

Her dad also shows up in her more recent memoir, _Moments of Glad Grace_,
which I finished a few weeks ago -- although in this case the story is
about her father's quest to find out more about his distant ancestors in
Ireland, and the mixed appeal of geneological research, and what traits we
actually inherit from our ancestors. I enjoyed it.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison