[LMB] OT: rose flavoring

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Nov 12 20:30:47 GMT 2020

On Nov 12, 2020, at 11:03 AM, Rebecca Price <becca7108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some sugar-free rose syrup, some rose water, and organic rose
> petals. It took awhile for all the ingredients to get to me... and now
> I've forgotten why I ordered them. Can anyone make any suggestions for
> how I can use some/all of them? Thanks!

You might guess from my screen name that I am fond of rose food.

Rosewater:
•Lemonade, with mint garnish
•Icing/frosting where pink or red is not wanted
•Cosmetic uses—blend with an oil or soap base
(too subtle for making liqueur, IMO)
•in making baklava
•spray over potpourri
•sprinkle on bed linens

SF Rose syrup:
•Add to fizzy water for an Italian soda
•Lemonade, with mint garnish, as at least a partial sweetener
•Icing/frosting If the syrup is red/pink, it will stain pale frosting
•sweeten black tea. It’s nice in milk, too.

Rose petals:
•For potpourri
•Mix with tea leaves. There is a tea called rose pouchong or souchong. These terms indicate how far down the stalk the leaves are placed.
•Crush to powder for adding to icing/frosting
•Make a floral tisane—goes well with dried orange blossom or jasmine. All three is heavenly.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala