[LMB] OT: rose flavoring

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Nov 13 02:12:27 GMT 2020

On Nov 12, 2020, at 5:12 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 13:57:04 -0500, Rebecca Price <becca7108 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have some sugar-free rose syrup, some rose water, and organic rose
>> petals. It took awhile for all the ingredients to get to me... and now
>> I've forgotten why I ordered them. Can anyone make any suggestions for
>> how I can use some/all of them? Thanks!
>
> Turkish delight?

Gum arabic—food quality—might be needed for that. Haven't looked at a recipe for that in ages. I am very fond of the rose & lemon varieties.

There are so many new flavor & inclusion combos of this sweet that I’d like to try, but getting up to SF is not something I can do.

Liberty Orchards goes beyond Aplets & Cotlets these days. Those are the Anglo forms of TD.

Indian style ice cream comes in rose, saffron, with or without pistachios, and even a saffron&rose flavor!

1 oz/28g of good Spanish saffron in tin set me back only $40. There was one year in the early 1990s when the exchange rate and the harvest combined to allow me to pay $21 ea for several tins, but the most I paid that year was $25.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala