[LMB] OT: PSA

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:08:21 GMT 2020

A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
> I carry a folded in my pocket belt so that if, as happened yesterday,
> I ran out the door without snagging one with a lanyard, I have a
> backup. Kurt leaves his in the car between washings.

To add to the PSA, please note that folding a medical-grade mask makes
it no longer medical-grade.  Adding additional creases crushes the
filter material permanently such that it no longer filters properly
along those lines.  (The manufacturing process presumably takes this
problem into account, and doesn't crush the material when the mask is
pleated.)

Joel