[LMB] OT: PSA

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Nov 13 19:33:49 GMT 2020

On Nov 13, 2020, at 8:13 AM, Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>> I carry a folded in my pocket belt so that if, as happened yesterday,
>> I ran out the door without snagging one with a lanyard, I have a
>> backup. Kurt leaves his in the car between washings.
>
> To add to the PSA, please note that folding a medical-grade mask makes
> it no longer medical-grade.  Adding additional creases crushes the
> filter material permanently such that it no longer filters properly
> along those lines.  (The manufacturing process presumably takes this
> problem into account, and doesn't crush the material when the mask is
> pleated.)

I had no idea, but I’ve never used  a medical-grade one.
I leave those to first responders and medical staff. I don’t need that level of protection and it feels wrong to me to use them when they are so badly needed elsewhere—but if I should ever need one, I’ll remember that. Mine are all washable reusable cloth.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala