[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Sun Nov 15 06:46:55 GMT 2020

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 01:29:41AM -0500, Damien wrote:

> > The death rate per million numbers are all over the place. Unlike what I hear on the news, the US is not worse than anywhere else. Neither is Sweden.

Hospitals are filling up again, worse than in the spring.  In El Paso
the corpses are overflowing, with the city bringing in 10 mobile morgues
to cope.  Utah's (Republican) governor says they're at the breaking
point.  Montana doctors warn about being on the bring of disaster.

Rural counties are outpacing metro counties in per capita infection;
being unincoporated is no protection.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/11/13/934566781/the-pandemic-this-week-8-things-to-know-about-the-surge

"The rate of infections in the most rural counties remains higher than
anywhere else and well-above the large urban areas."

"One in 1,629 residents of South Dakota is hospitalized for COVID-19"

"The mortality rate in rural communities is also higher than urban
areas."