[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

dbernat dbernat at gol.com
Sun Nov 15 10:53:04 GMT 2020

Damien Sullivan wrote:

> People thinking like you are why the pandemic is reaching new crisis
> levels.  You are literally part of the problem.

In Japan, the lockdown is pretty much over. Restaurants are operating,
mostly.

Masks, hand sanitizing, and some social distancing are the primary
preventive measures, at least where I live two hours' travel outside
Tokyo and where I work in Tokyo.

And yet new cases in Tokyo are running about 300 per day. 1,000 for all
of Japan at 40% of the population of the US.

Granted, the Halloween celebration in Tokyo with absolutely no social
distancing and few masks may lead to an upsurge in the number of cases.
Wait for actual data in coming days.

But some other dynamic in the spread of the disease appears to be
operating given the disparity in the comparative number of cases between
the US and Japan.

So what is the operative dynamic? Lockdown/no lockdown makes little
difference?

Can anyone contribute from Hong Kong, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea?