[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

dbernat dbernat at gol.com
Mon Nov 16 03:01:12 GMT 2020

Robert Woodward via Lois-Bujold wrote:

> I have wondered if Covid-19 actually is a virgin field disease in East
> Asia. If it isn’t one, then it would experience slower transmission
> rates there; has anybody reported any research on what it takes to be
> infected in various countries?

Probably a virgin field disease. If it were older, tourists from the US
and Europe would have taken it home earlier.

Preventive measures taken in East Asia appear to have held down
incidence of the disease. As to why the harsher measures in the US have
not worked even in geographic areas where those measures were followed,
you've got me.

Not now, but I can look at the website of the Tropical Research
Institute in Tokyo for an analysis of infection pathways.