[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Tue Nov 17 14:21:51 GMT 2020

On of the problems with peer pressure is the amount of pressure people seem entitled to apply. Although I’m sure such cases are extremely rare, I have seen videos of people beaten bloody by groups for not wearing a mask.
These flash mobs are driven by (to me) irrational levels of fear. The odds of a single asymptomatic person (if there were a group, they probably wouldn’t be attacked) having the virus Is what, 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000, higher? For symptomatic people getting tests it seems to usually run 5% positive or 1 in 20. If a person has recovered, the chance of getting COVID-19 from them is zero. The people have been told that a person without a mask is trying to kill them.
I wear a mask outside my property when I’m around other people. This is for politeness and to defend myself against attack.

William A Wenrich