[LMB] OT: Fighting Words

Lois Aleta Fundis loisaletafundis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:54:57 GMT 2020

I looked on your state's website. I haven't found the message from your
governor yet, but this is from your Department of Health:
"Every New Mexican must work together to stem the spread of COVID-19. Stay
home, especially if you are sick. Wear a mask or face covering when in
public and around others."

https://www.governor.state.nm.us/2020/11/16/new-mexico-covid-19-update-1259-new-cases-totaling-65454-twenty-one-additional-deaths/

Note that this is down toward the end of a long post, mainly listing the
cases of Covid (not just deaths) by location, such as counties and
facilities ("correctional facilities" and "long-term care facilities"  It
does not name names of individual pepple.

Perhaps a closer look at the Governor's own website (she probably has one)
or of your local newspaper or other news media will have more about what
the Governor herself said.

Our Governor, here in West Virginia, made a similar statement about wearing
masks *in public areas* over the weekend.
.
"*Summary Overview - Statewide Indoor Face Covering Requirement (Amended)*

   - Face covering must be worn at all times in all public indoor places
   - Does not apply to children under the age of 9 or anyone who has
   trouble breathing or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
   - Does not apply when you are at a restaurant and actively consuming
   food or drink, or in a closed room by yourself
   - All businesses must post signs and ensure requirement is being followed
   - Takes effect Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 12 a.m."

The full statement is at
https://governor.wv.gov/Pages/Statewide-Indoor-Face-Covering-Requirement.aspx