[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:57:02 GMT 2020

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 14:21:51 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH<wawenri at msn.com>  wrote:

> On of the problems with peer pressure is the amount of pressure people seem entitled to apply. Although I’m sure such cases are extremely rare, I have seen videos of > people beaten bloody by groups for not wearing a mask.
> These flash mobs are driven by (to me) irrational levels of fear. The odds of a single asymptomatic person (if there were a group, they probably wouldn’t be attacked) > having the virus Is what, 1 in 100 or 1 in 1,000, higher? For symptomatic people getting tests it seems to usually run 5% positive or 1 in 20. If a person has
> recovered, the chance of getting COVID-19 from them is zero. The people have been told that a person without a mask is trying to kill them.
> I wear a mask outside my property when I’m around other people. This is for politeness and to defend myself against attack.

I have not seen any of that. What I have seen is folks not nearly as polite as you are refusing to mask up in public indoor spaces, and physically assaulting store employees who suggest to them that they should, or leave. They think they have a natural right to do what they like on public or private property, they think the virus is a hoax, and/or they do not care who gets sick because they and their friends and family are miraculously immune.