[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:45:19 GMT 2020

One thing that bugs the daylights out of me about this whole thing is that
the people who're trying to stampede me are so very vague.  They yell about
"number of cases." I ask "what constitutes a case?  Do you mean testing
positive for the virus, showing symptoms, or sick enough to require
hospitalization?"  And I get no answer.

I also notice that the actual death toll is surprisingly low for what I'd
expect from a real pandemic.  Last night on the news, they said we'd had
something like 200 or so deaths in Iowa since this started.  Figuring from
March as the beginning, I make that out to be a little over 20 a
month---and again, I want to know *who* is actually dying.  By age group,
previous health, and other factors.