[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Thomas Shaw topaz0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:20:52 GMT 2020

Eric Oppen: "What constitutes a case?"

Usually "case" means diagnosis by a positive PCR test, although some
sources also include "suspected" cases that were diagnosed by other means.
I've found that many of the sources I follow for COVID information have
detailed descriptions of how they get the data they display, and what the
various figures mean. Many of them now have separate hospitalization
numbers, too. For example, here's the covid tracking project page for Iowa:
https://covidtracking.com/data/state/iowa . The "Definition" links in the
table below the charts bring up detailed definitions of what criteria are
used for each category.