[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:34:03 GMT 2020

My parents lived through the Depression and World War II (they said it was
excellent preparation for parenthood) and liked pointing out that our
prosperity post-1945 might have had something to do with potential
competition either not yet having got started or still digging out from
under the rubble of the war.

ObBujold:  This makes me wonder---does Barrayar have an advantage over
other planets in manufacturing because they started late and got newer
factories?  That was part of why Japan did so well after World War
II---their factories were new and state-of-the art, unlike a lot of ours.