[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:37:13 GMT 2020

I have been at many events that were reported later on in the news, and
very seldom did what I read in the paper, or saw on TV, match my memories
of what had gone down.  Human error can account for a lot of this, but I
suspect that reporters' and editors' own prejudices often played a large
role.

Rather like how, when reporting on a SF convention, they'll push past all
sorts of nice, neat, articulate people who could explain what was going on,
to zero in on the fattest, sweatiest basement-dwelling geek with the most
obviously-fake Spock ears in the con, and present him to their viewers and
readers as an absolutely typical specimen of the attendees.