[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 13:49:13 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can catch COVID-19 again; it's not like chicken pox, though I don't
> know if the chances of getting it are reduced by having it the first time.

Your chances of getting it are dependent on time - antigens drop after the
body fights off the infection.  After a sufficient period, the acquired
"immunity" is weak enough that it doesn't seem to act as much of an
obstacle to reinfection; before then, your chances of getting through
re-exposure are better.

This is the greatest obstacle to dealing with Covid through vaccination.