[LMB] OT: Governor’s Orders

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Thu Nov 19 15:32:21 GMT 2020

 Currency' is the tokens that represent 'Money'; 'Money' being the wealth collectivly owned by the members of a society.

This is one of those fine distinction that confuses people; the map (Currency) is no the terrain (Money/wealth).
A pile of millifennigs that doesn't require a receipt is an example of 'Currency' without 'Wealth'.

    On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 9:08:07 AM CST, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> It can print more currency.  It cannot create money.
>
> But ah, I forgot - this listserv doesn't believe in things like economics.
> Carry on.
>
> Matt G.
> --
This seems like a gratuitous insult.

The listserver has no opinion on economics AFAIK. Unless they have
used a high degree of AI, which I doubt and even then whether machines
can be said to have opinion is either a matter of semantics or an open question.

Which school of economics do you believe in?

In my econ classes, there was no mention of differences between money
and currency. Please tell us of the distinction, if any. Most money or currency
is electronic records nowadaze.

__
Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 – 1962)

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net