[LMB] Random questions

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Thu Nov 19 19:37:24 GMT 2020

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 07:06:34PM +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:

> The last two questions are mostly at the time of GJatRQ. Although the question about the great grandchildren could run a little earlier. Since she now has granddaughters on Sergyar, quite a few wormholes closer than Barrayarr, it may be less stressful.

I remember trying to calculate whether Xav's Betan wife could be alive
to meet Miles.  Seems pretty plausible: *Piotr* met Miles and he was
Xav's contemporary.

Cordelia is what, mid-70s in Jole?  Betans are said to live 120+, so if
Elizabeth had Cordelia at any age younger than 45 then she's probably still
alive.

Hell, Xav's wife could still be alive in Jole too, though pushing it.

I think Lois has said she's dead, and if Xav married someone older (but
probably still looking young to him) that would mean dying earlier.  I
don't think she was ever stated to have died violently though.

And come on, Cordelia or Miles or Mark or Kareen talking to Xav's wife
has to be a great basis for some fanfic. :)