[LMB] Money, WGW

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Fri Nov 20 16:03:48 GMT 2020

 "We know we're special, but we try not to act like it..." to adopt an old advertising motto.

    On Friday, November 20, 2020, 7:56:09 AM CST, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
 <snip>

Part of the problem I have with Lakewalkers is that while they go to great lengths proclaiming that they aren’t lords, they look down on farmers as lords.
<snip>
The Lakewalkers ARE special, with their groudsense. The have a large (historic) social burden of knowing their ancestors caused the current situation, putting them under a great emotional and philosophic strain.
Dag and Fawn have struck a blow to end that strain, but devising a way for Farmers to help in the great Malice hunt. The creation of the protection necklaces will spread very fast - maybe not as fast as the story about wearing metal pots to block Lakewalker power - but fast, along with the method of not beguiling people during ground treatment.
In a hundred years, society will be very different; with small Lakewalker communities inside or close to Farmer towns, and Farmers  adjacent to Lakewalker communities. Lakewalker crafters, with their ground-binding abilities, will be making specilaty products fro Farmers, as well as Patrollers, and Farmers will be doing the farming for Lakewalkers, and some of the small industrial work needed (the first Farmer who develops a hide-processing machine (skinning, beating, etc) will get rich!).
With all the extra wealth (not money!) available; Colleges and Schools will be created, with all the silliness and stupidity that means. (What happens if a proto-Marxists encounters a Malice; will the Malice defer to the Marxist as one destroyer admiring another? Or will the Malice get indigestion and explode on consuming the Marxist? Inquiring minds want to know!)

Looking forward to the equivalent of Adam Smiths' arrival....