[LMB] Dendarii grays

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com
Fri Nov 20 20:31:12 GMT 2020

On Nov 20, 2020, at 5:38 AM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do the colors of the Barrayaran Houses have any symbolic significance?

From chapter 7 of _A Civil Campaign_:

“Yes, I feel sorry for those Counts who ended up having to pick their House colors last," Mark agreed. "I think the Vorkosigans must have fallen somewhere in the middle. I mean, brown and silver isn't bad, but I can't help feeling that the fellows with the blue and gold—or the black and silver—do have a sartorial edge." He could fancy himself in black and silver, with Kareen all blond and tall on his arm.

Thus, I suspect that any symbolic significance had to play second fiddle to what ever was available.

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com