[LMB] OT: Arecibo

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:10:29 GMT 2020

But unless you have a way to take Moon materials and produce building
supplies from them, everything would have to be shipped up from Earth... at
the cost of how much per kilo?

Working on smelting technology, extracting aluminum from the distributed
ores, using efficient solar panels to collect sunlight, would be an
interesting scientific and engineering challenge.  So it's not going to
happen, while politicians try to get someone up there to plant flags and
collect rocks.

Did you know that we have no idea where most of the rocks that came back
from the Moon are?  We handed them out as souvenirs to political
dignitaries and lost track of them.

Matt G.