[LMB] Details in Science Fiction

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 20:51:20 GMT 2020

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:26:44 -0500, Andras Farkas
<deepbluemistake at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:44 PM Karen A. Wyle <kawyle at att.net> wrote:
>>  I've been struggling with what phone-equivalent(s) people will have in twenty or thirty years.
>
>The way I see it, everything is trending toward getting smaller and
>being on and usable all the time (social pressure to never turn your
>phone off, longer battery life, etc) so I imagine it'd be like those
>people today who have earbuds in their ears and their phone in their
>pocket who talk to unseen people while walking, jogging, or in the
>public bathroom -- but more visually streamlined, and physically
>smaller devices.  Perhaps the earbud is the entire phone, with no
>screen included in the box one'd get it in.

Some authors have suggested subdermal implants; e.g. a wristwatch could
be almost like a tattoo on your wrist.
--
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever
that it is not utterly absurd;  indeed in view of the silliness of the majority