[LMB] Grays

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 21:03:08 GMT 2020

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 15:42:07 -0500, WalterStuartBushell
<proto at panix.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 3:18 AM, Robert Woodward via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I suspect that you aren’t familiar with E. E. “Doc” Smith’s magnus opus (written 1938-1948).
>
>The best use of purple prose ever. Are their earlier examples of Space Opera on an Intergalactic scale?

They went past purple into ultra-violet.  I loved them as a kid, when
everything was black and white and simple.  They have, IMO, had a series
of particularly spectacular visits from the suck fairy since then.
--
People must not do things for fun. We are not here for fun.
There is no reference to fun in any Act of Parliament.   - A.P. Herbert