[LMB] OT: Arecibo

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Tue Nov 24 14:29:57 GMT 2020

> On Nov 24, 2020, at 8:42 AM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> People who talk about the romance of exploration miss the point that humans
> cannot be the explorers in space.
>
> Matt "Mr. Roboto” G.

Not with the current technology or any foreseeable technology.

We need something like the Lyle drive from “Stranger in a Strange Land”.

I worken in the Vertical Assembly Building where the Saturn V booster was
built so I have a good understanding about chemical rockets. I don’t think there
has been any great improvement in chemical rocket propellants since then.

We haven’t even be able to send a woman to the Moon. NASA did just develop
a space toilet for women.

—
Allan Richardson  —
Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they lead the whey.