[LMB] Luna, and Space generally (was Arecibo)

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:03:19 GMT 2020

 I think you are dramatically underestimating the difficulty of human
beings settling space.  Setting hostile environments on Earth - like the
continental shelf, Antarctica, various deserts, etc. - would be far easier,
and generally we don't bother because of how hard it is to eke out even a
basic existence there.  Colonization efforts in the past have involved
finding relatively hospitable locales and killing / exterpating the people
already there, not marching into places without people and starting anew.

Matt G.