[LMB] OT: Follow up

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 1 03:25:30 GMT 2021

My son had the Pfizer shots early this year. While he was sitting waiting for his fifteen minute wait time he was talking to a nurse he knew from his uni she asked him if he felt alright . He said no and collapsed on the floor. He came to when they were stuffing a rubber tube down his throat. Second shot he told them what had happened with first shot. Response was “no worries you will be fine this time” his response was “ please get the tube now , You will have to have it handy within fifteen minutes .  Sure enough within the time he was back on the floor with them stuffing the tube Down his throat. He said the worst part of it was that he felt like he had been run over by a truck for three days afterwards.

Then when it came to my turn the fun started because of my age ( I’m 68) here in Oz I was only supposed to get Astra Zeneca. Bad idea for me with my track record of strokes and heart attack. The medical research guys said it was a very bad idea because of th risk of fatal blood clots. Pfizer was the one for me. We tried everywhere to get Pfizer approved for me. Finally Michael rang our local member and he organised it within two hours for the next day. The worry was would I have the same allergic response as Michael but the medical research guys at the uni said that it was worth the risk of the allergic response to get covered against covid. I got the shots with the only response a vicious headache for three days and sore itchy arms. Im happy to say now I’m finally fully vaccinated.

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton