[LMB] OT: Follow up

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Dec 1 06:24:01 GMT 2021

On Nov 30, 2021, at 7:25 PM, Helen Fenton <hifenton at internode.on.net> wrote:

> My son had the Pfizer shots early this year. While he was sitting waiting for his fifteen minute wait time he was talking to a nurse he knew from his uni she asked him if he felt alright . He said no and collapsed on the floor. He came to when they were stuffing a rubber tube down his throat. Second shot he told them what had happened with first shot.
(Snip)
> Sure enough within the time he was back on the floor with them stuffing the tube Down his throat. He said the worst part of it was that he felt like he had been run over by a truck for three days afterwards.

I hope I never have to experience extubation again. Took three months for my speaking voice to get back to normal, and over a year for my singing voice.

> Then when it came to my turn the fun started because of my age ( I’m 68) here in Oz I was only supposed to get Astra Zeneca. (snip)

> I got the shots with the only response a vicious headache for three days and sore itchy arms. Im happy to say now I’m finally fully vaccinated.

I got my flu shot and my booster at the same appointment. The pharmacist was much better at making the injections painless than the nurses giving me my first two Moderna doses. I told him he was very good at that, to which he replied that he’d had quite a lot of practice recently. Usually pummeling the site before intramuscular injections distracts the brain from the intense discomfort, but he didn’t need to do that.

For some reason, this site decided to keep the brand of booster the same as the earlier one(s), instead of the suggested cross-brand.

Aside from the injection site needing kneading, no noticeable effects—possibly because in exiting in the dark, seeing a red stripe at the curb, I tried to step down . . . on a flat surface, tripped and fell on my hands and knees. That stung more.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala