[LMB] _Spirit Ring_ audio on sale

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Wed Dec 1 16:18:45 GMT 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Fred" <fred.fredex at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 11/30/2021 9:22:33 PM
Subject: Re: [LMB] _Spirit Ring_ audio on sale

>Amazon owns Audible, so they are likely to restrict you to Audible's DRMed
>files, for business/monopoly reasons.
>
>On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 7:44 PM Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:

Unlike many on this list, I generally do not worry about DRM. I do not
intend to either land or give the books away and in the very few
instances that it matters to my usage, I can generally find a way to
negate it. I gather that there is something called Plex that will enable
me to use MP3 books with my Alexa, but I have not figured out how to use
it. So, for the moment, I will stick with Audible.

Harvey