[LMB] Louis Who?

B Van Look vanlook19 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:32:27 GMT 2021

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 06:14:17 -0800, B Van Look <vanlook19 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >The male to female name transition happens a lot:
> >Evelyn
> >Taylor
> >Madison
> >
> >the other way around is more rare. The only name I know of that
> >transitioned from female to male is
> >Douglas (Dubh lass "dark girl")
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 4:24 AM Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Stacey?
> Shirley? (There was a famous wrestler in the UK called "Big Daddy",
> whose real name was Shirley Crabtree.  You can see how he learned to
> fight).
> Marion?

Marion was the male version (which was also John Wayne's birth name and
nobody deadnamed HIM), whereas MariAn is the female version.

Stacey and Shirley (see also the youngest son of Anne Shirley, of Anne of
Green Gables fictional fame) are other male-to-female name transitions.

I'm starting to see US state names -- many originally used for boys -- now
being used for girls:
Nevada (both male and female, male older)
Dakota (both male and female, male older)

as well as the -den series is beginning to transition to a unisex or female
name. that's the Jayden/Brayden/etc nameset

BJ, who knows a LOT of 20-30 year olds with kids...