[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:39:30 GMT 2021

From: Edith <khoreutees at yahoo.com>

If there is an expectation that everyone makes a formal oath when they
come of age, that raises the question does this also extend to Komarr.
Asking all Komarrans to make such an oath seems a really bad idea
politically, but if you don't that reinforces a hierarchy of belonging
and (perceived) loyalty. Hmmm.

Gwynne: Isn't there a reference somewhere (I can't find it, but I think
it's in Komarr) that Komarrans have to take an oath before they get
jobs at a certain level?

Ok, found it! : . To everyone's discomfort, but not to Miles's surprise, ImpSec Major D'Emorie took formal recorded oaths of loyalty and secrecy from the two Komarran consultants. Miles thought the loyalty oath was redundant, since neither academic could have held their current posts without having taken one previously.