[LMB] Citizenship? - Dual citizenship and Miles' Betan Passport

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:42:12 GMT 2021

From: Edith <khoreutees at yahoo.com>

Gwynne asked: Can Barrayaran law allow dual citizenship? Surely if you
take oath to your Emperor, you renounce other loyalties?

My instinctive feeling would be that Barrayaran law is unlikely to allow
dual citizenship. But that is where Miles' Betan passport is a problem.
It suggests that he has Betan citizenship and so dual citizenship.

Gwynne: I had the impression that Miles's Betan passport was due to
security concerns; he more or less travelled incognito.