[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:46:30 GMT 2021

From: "Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com>

>In a more extreme case, I can see a situation where accepting citizenship in another country might be considered treason by the original country (in cases of war, etc).

That is the case with the United States, is it not?
Harvey

Gwynne: I'm not a great fan of dual citizenship. You should give your
loyalty - your legal obligations - to one country. It's fine to have feelings
for 'the old country' - especially if you have family there. But you belong
to one country, you have legal (and moral, and ethical) obligations to that
country. (Also, dual citizenship can often be used for some rather shady
enterprises, to avoid obligations to one country or the other.)