[LMB] OT: Tip

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Sat Dec 4 01:14:12 GMT 2021

> On Dec 3, 2021, at 8:38 AM, Tony Zbaraschuk via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Further tip: Be wary of houses where the ground slopes away from the road
> toward the house.  Very interesting things happen in heavy rainstorms.

My father was a civil engineer, and I spent much of my childhood weekends touring construction and new house sites. When my husband and I were househunting I remember our realtor commenting that the things I paid attention to were not what most women looked at. I did internalize not to ever purchase a house that was lower that street level. Water might have been one reason, but also that people just didn’t regard that as attractive, so resale value was diminished.

Janet in TN