[LMB] OT: Tip

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:43:43 GMT 2021

Building on top of a cliff has a series of very special challenges. I had to have
a geological survey of the cliff to make sure that it was safe. I'm beside a large
river, but I pointed out to the Council that although the land around the river
is flood-prone, I didn't need a flood search because... cliff. It's only 50m, but
the hundred-year flood mark is 13m. So if my place is flooded, all of Sydney
is floating towards New Zealand.

It's also a High Wind area, so the house needed extra bracing when it was built.

But the view is amazing. And I love it here.