[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 07:39:51 GMT 2021

To add to the fun: A few years ago fifteen politicians in our Federal
government had to resign because someone dug up a dusty old
section of the Constitution that everyone had forgotten about, which
states that you can't be elected to our parliament if you have any
allegiance to a foreign power - including dual citizenship.

The funniest part was that most of them didn't even know that they
had dual citizenship. There was a lot of scrambling around, checking old
family documentation, and trying to rescind things.