[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 08:07:53 GMT 2021

Oh, for goodness sakes! Well, I guess that's a hint to those of us living abroad with kids to keep all those old passports, renunciation statements, etc.

I was under the impression that some countries granted citizenship to grandchildren of citizens under certain cases. Are they already dual citizens, even if they don't "activate" it by getting a passport or other stuff?

I suppose it's really easy now to look up some person's MyAncestry or Find-a-grave, and just snoop around for a little bit. I've done it for fiction research, to tell the truth. Scarily easy.

Micki