[LMB] Birthday Tixie for James Bryant

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 08:18:18 GMT 2021

I know at least two things about James Bryant, whose birthday is December 5. He loves books and has rare and weird ones, and he loves cooking up a batch of curry for con friends. So, I hopped on the List Tardis to an unnamed Roknari port (I can say it, but I can't spell it) and spent hours wandering the markets there. Too much to choose from! Exotic spices, gorgeous pottery and dishes, fascinating cookware, and oh, the books -- even though censored in places and many are banned outright, there will still plenty to choose from.

And then I found it! A grandma-type (or possibly grandpa-type . . . you know how some old folks get androgynous) kindly wrote me out three recipe cards for her favorite stews. I brought it back to the list and fished out one of the Dendarii communicators. There's an app with an Easter egg. If you open up the camera, take a picture, mutter menacingly about witches and wardrobes, and back out of the third drop down menu from the left, there's an app that will translate any language, real or fictional. I've popped the recipes into an album with their translations printed out on the next page.

Hope the day brings you many delights!

The Birthday Tixie.