[LMB] Citizenship? OT:

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:14:06 GMT 2021

Heh. My grandfather was born there, too, to a Swiss chambermaid who
unfortunately believed the traveling American doctor's lies about wanting
her.
She came to America looking for him when my grandfather was 2. That didn't
work out, but the family stayed anyway.

I don't think I'd be able or suitable to get Swiss citizenship, though as I
understand it, my mother and her siblings were aware that they definitely
could claim Swiss citizenship if they'd wished.