[LMB] Citizenship? - Oaths and Arde

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 15:38:20 GMT 2021

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:23:03 -0600, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Some places here-and-now don't allow people to renounce their citizenship.
>This has led to situations...like someone going back home and finding that
>he's now being conscripted into the military.

A friend of my sister-in-law found that, should her children ever visit
Israel, there's a possibility that they would be conscripted, despite
never having set foot in the place.  So, of course, they won't.

This is because she never bothered renouncing her own citizenship, and
they are de-jure Israeli citizens by descent.
--
Truth decays to beauty, and beauty becomes merely charm-
in the end, all that is left is strangeness.